Here at Huapai District School we are seeking to develop children who are confident and self assured in purpose, who carry a voice of positive influence and consistently deliver at their best.
Online Enrolment Form
You may express your intention to enrol or begin the enrolment process by clicking through to our HDS Online Enrolment Form.
We are a zoned school and all students who live within the school zone are accepted following proof of address provided to the School Office.
For students who are starting school for the very first time (Year 0/ Year 1), our Head of New Entrants will get in touch with you, approx. 4-6 weeks prior to your child’s birthday, and advise dates for school visits. During the visits, you will be invited to meet the teachers, the Principal – John Petrie and visit the School Office to discuss any questions regarding school uniform and stationery.
For students who are arriving from another school, we will arrange a time for you and your child(ren) to come into the school and meet with our Principal for a tour of the school and to discuss class placement. This will also be a good time to follow up on any questions like school uniform and stationery with the School Office.
Upon completion of the Online Enrolment Form, please scan and email the following items to email@example.com
- An eligibility document in the form of one of the following:
- NZ Birth Certificate (our preferred option)
- NZ Passport
- Australian Passport
- NZ Residency permit (and the child’s birth certificate)
- NZ Student Visa/permit (and associated parental work permit and the child’s birth certificate)
- Proof of your address
- Immunisation certificate
- A copy of any Court Order Documents (if applicable)
- Please fill in the linked Hearing & Vision consent form
Once we have these documents we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
New Entrant Start Dates 2023
We know that a smooth transition into school is really important for children when they first start school. Huapai District School has been taking a closer look at how we can support each child during this transition.
One of the ways we intend to do this is by having set dates throughout the year for children to begin school. There are a few reasons for this:
- We are more likely to get a small group of children starting at the same time, rather than one child on their own. This provides a good opportunity for friendships to form between new children.
- Teachers can plan more intentionally for the start days and provide greater support.
- Connection within our wider Huapai community.
In 2023, we will have two set preferred start dates per Term. One on the first day of term, and the second during mid-term. The term intake dates are set by the Ministry of Education and can be found at www.gazette.govt.nz Please see dates below:
2023 Start Dates
Thursday 2nd February
Monday 6th March
Wednesday 26th April
Monday 29th May
Monday 17th July
Monday 21st August
Monday 9th October
Monday 13th November
If you have any questions in regards to New Entrant enrolments or our preferred dates, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other enrolment inquiries, please email email@example.com.