Montessori at Huapai District School was established in 2005 through the collaboration of a dedicated group of parents, school management and the Board of Trustees.
The Montessori Primary pedagogy is delivered with the support and structure of the main school environment and the New Zealand National Curriculum. The class is well integrated with the wider school community.
For more information or to enrol, please email email@example.com or visit www.huapaimontessori.org.nz
The programme involves:
- Values and character development.
- Hands-on experiences, investigations and research.
- High standards for all students.
- Development of self discipline and
internal sense of motivation.
- Love for nature and outdoor education.
- A structured and integrated curriculum to demonstrate connections among different subjects (language, maths, geography, culture, geometry, art and practical life skills).
- Collaboration and community service.
- Well-trained adults.
- Specially prepared environments.
- Free choice with responsibility.
The Montessori Curriculum:
- Everything is interrelated. One lesson leads to many others.
- The child moves from concrete toward abstract understanding.
- We always work from the big picture to increasing details.
- Every three years major themes in the curriculum are studied again in increasing levels of abstraction.