Online Enrolment Form
You may express your intention to enrol or begin the enrolment process by clicking through to our HDS Online Enrolment Form.
We are a zoned school and all students who live within the school zone are automatically accepted following proof of address provided to the office.
Next steps for those just starting school (Year 0/ Year 1) will see our New Entrant teacher get in touch with you (approx. 4-6 weeks prior to your child’s birthday) and advise dates for school visits. During the visits, you will be invited to meet the teachers, the Principal - John Petrie and visit the School Office to discuss any questions regarding school uniform and stationery.
For students who are arriving from another school, we will arrange a time for you and your child(ren) to come into the school and meet with our Principal for a tour of the school and to discuss class placement. This will also be a good time to follow up on any questions like school uniform and stationery with the School Office.
Upon completion of the Online Enrolment Form, please scan and email the following items to email@example.com
- A copy of the eligibility document for your child. This can be either:
- NZ birth certificate or NZ passport (if NZ citizen)
- Australian passport (if Australian citizen)
- Proof of your address (e.g. utilities bill, rental/sales agreement).
- Immunisation certificate
- A copy of any Court Order Documents (if applicable)
- NZ residency permit or NZ student visa/permit and Parental work permit (if the child is not a NZ citizen).
- Vision and Hearing consent form
Once we have these documents we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
New Entrant Start Dates 2021
We know that a smooth transition into school is really important for children when they first start school. Huapai District School has been taking a closer look at how we can support each child during this transition. One of the ways we intend to do this is by having set dates throughout the year for children to begin school. There are a few reasons for this:
- We are more likely to get a small group of children starting at the same time, rather than one child on their own. This provides a good opportunity for friendships to form between new children.
- Teachers can plan more intentionally for the start days and provide greater support.
- Connection within our wider Huapai community.
In 2021, we will have two set start dates per Term. One on the first day of term, and the second during mid-term. The term intake dates are set by the Ministry of Education and can be found at www.gazette.govt.nz Please see dates below:
2021 start dates
Tuesday 2nd February
Monday 8th March
Monday 3rd May
Monday 8th June
Monday 26th July
Monday 30th August
Monday 18th October
Monday 22nd November
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org